Theme Conflict with searches

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m having an odd problem with Events Organiser and a premium theme from MySite. The problem is that when I’m using this theme, I get “Nothing Found” when I try to view events at a particular venue or in a particular category or with a particular tag. All of these have associated events. When I change themes these queries work fine. I’ve tried flushing the rewrite rules, and
    I’ve set WP_DEBUG to true. No change in behavior or any useful information.
    I’m sure this is a conflict with the theme, but I don’t know what to try to isolate the problem and I don’t know how I’m going to describe the problem to the theme author.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Jamii

Jamii Corley

Hi Jamii,

I’ve just sent you an email. One way of testing rewrite errors is to see if accessing the content via non-pretty urls still results in a 404 ( e.g. yoursite.com?event-category=foobar )

All the best
    Stephen

Stephen Harris

The result isn’t a 404, it’s a “Nothing Found
    Apologies, but no events were found for the requested category.”

When I use the non-pretty URLs the result is the same. Also, the URL is converted into its
    pretty format, so I’m not sure I’m bypassing the permalink issue.

I’ll also reply to your email. Thanks!

Jamii Corley

For the benefit future readers this turned out to a bug specific to the theme (infocus theme). The bug was fixed, though I’m not sure if the problem has been addressed in a subsequent update of the theme.

The location of the bug is in mysite_query_posts() which can be found inlib/functions/theme.php. This function essentially over-rides the “main query”. You may also need to flush permalinks (visit Settings > Permalinks and click save changes) after activation.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.