Identical entries appearing twice in list – deleted but both still there

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Report A Bug Identical entries appearing twice in list – deleted but both still there

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Thanks for the awesome plugin, its working just the way we wanted expect for what appears to be a bug.
    We (AMZ Tracker) are putting on several global events and one on the list that as actually been deleted and doesn’t appear anywhere in the events listing is appearing twice and at the top, additionally, it goes to a 404 page. We have thousands of visitors to our site and its looking a bit embarrassing because we can delete what doesn’t exist and its there at the top! Please see https://www.amztracker.com/blog/hangouts/ scroll down to the events list.
    Could you please investigate this at your earliest convince.
    It would be most appreciated.

Best Reagards
    Brianscreenshot

Brian Roe

Hi Brian,

Can I just clarify how you deleted the Austin, Texas AMZ Tracker Hangout event so I can try to replicate it? Was this event created using Event Organiser, or perhaps, was it an event created with another plug-in before you moved to Event Organiser?

Are you able to examine the database of the site? Specifically, can you check the wp_posts table and look for the row(s) with the post_title matching the title of the event? What status does that row have?

From what I can see I suspect that the events (they are actually two distinct events with the same name) are still in the wp_posts table, but does not have any dates associated with them, and this is causing the unexpected behaviour.

Stephen Harris

Hey there Stephan, sorry about the delay in reply, I am actually in the middle of the jungle in Bali.
    The event was created in event Organiser and not in another application.
    I don’t have access to the database at present but I may be able to get to it tomorrow.
    I think you are right, I will check if I can get access to phpmyadmin.
    What would you suggest? Delete the entries direct from the table?

Brian Roe

Hi Brian,

Yes, simply delete the appropriate rows, that would be the easiest solution.

I’ve since been able to replicate this. This happens if you delete the all occurrences of an event via the admin calendar (when clicking an event in the admin calendar you can opt to delete that occurrence). Doing so, removes the occurrences, but not the event.

However, an event without occurrences is not visible on the admin screen (or admin calendar) and its page 404s – yet it is still present, and sometimes visible (e.g. in the event list shortcode).

This bug appears to have crept in the 3.1.0 release. I’m currently looking into a fix.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.