Event Map not working

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I’ve just bought the Pro version for the single reason that I wanted the event_map shortcode functionality:

The venue map shortcode works fine, but the event_map shortcode returns nothing. (When I view the source, the eo_venue_map shortcode returns a div element, but the venue_map shortcode returns nothing at all).

The license key is valid, I’ve copied and pasted (via notepad) the code from this website and I’ve tried different pages and templates but to no avail.

http://frozenmammoth.com/richmondsoftheworld.com/virginia/

This is driving me nuts, could someone please advise?

Thanks,

Joe

Joe Hopkins

Scratch that. I’m an idiot.

I hadn’t assigned a venue to my particular category.

Thanks/sorry,

Joe

Joe Hopkins

No worries 😉

Is the license key still showing up ‘invalid’? It looks like its validated without any issues this end… If it is, when you hover over the help icon (“?”), what error code does it give?

Stephen Harris

Yeah it’s all good. Thanks for your response Stephen.

Joe

Joe Hopkins

Okay now I’m probably the idiot, but I cannot figure this out. I just upgraded to pro and cannot get the map to show on my event. Here is a test page I’m working on… trying both event and venue short codes (didn’t think I’d need either on the event page, but it’s not showing no matter what). Help please?

here is a screen shot of my mess…

http://www.northwestmra.org/test12/

northwestmra

Hi,

The link you posted 404s for me, however I did take a look at the events you had posted on the site. Both to these didn’t seem to be using the default event page template (which would display a map). This could be because:

• Your theme has its own single-event.php template (unlikely unless you’v created one)
    • You’ve disabled template handling Settings > Event Organiser > General.

If you’ve used a venue map or event map shortcode on a page then this should show regardless – so if a map isn’t appearing, let me know how you’re using the shortcode and if you could post a link to the page in question that may help me to determine the reason it’s not appearing.

Stephen Harris

Sorry about that. The link should work now: http://www.northwestmra.org/test12/

The event in question is listed as ‘test event’.

I’m probably using the shortcode incorrectly. But didn’t think I’d need to use shortcode at all on that event page.. please let me know.

I did check the settings and templates are enabled.

thanks much,

-J

northwestmra

By the way, my theme does have a single-event.php file. I’m unsure what that means in this scenario though.

northwestmra

But didn’t think I’d need to use shortcode at all on that event page.

You don’t, the default templates should display it automatically.

By the way, my theme does have a single-event.php file

This means the theme is providing its own template, and this is being used instead of the default one. This template is probably not displaying a map. You can add it in by calling echo eo_get_venue_map(). Details and examples can be found on the codex. In fact, your event page isn’t displaying any details.

If you didn’t add the template yourself, the theme may have added it to support another plug-in. In any case, you can either edit it to include the map / event details, or just delete the file. Alternatively, if you want to use the default template but don’t want to actually delete your existing single-event.php, then just rename it to old-single-event.php and this will have the same effect.

Stephen Harris

I’m sorry to be so dense, I’m rather novice.

I renamed the single-event.php to old-single-event.php and it appears that it is now using the correct template, which seems to be single.php.

However, the venue map is still not displaying by default. I still have the venue location defined as shown in the link provided previously (http://www.northwestmra.org/test12/), however the map does not show on the event page.

I have tried inserting ‘echo eo_get_venue_map()’ in the array within the single.php file but it does not seem to have an effect.

Let me know what I’m missing…

thanks and sorry to be a pest..

-J

northwestmra

No need to apologise – it seems the template was not the only issue. After taking a look at the event page I can see that the mark up of the map is there, but the javascript required to actually display it hasn’t been loaded. I suspect the problem is that the theme doesn’t call wp_footer() in the footer.php template.

Adding it should allow scripts to be loaded just above the </body> tag (including the javascript file for displaying the map).

Stephen Harris

Here are the contents of the footer.php file. wp_footer() is in there. I tried both adding and moving it down to where you suggested, but neither seems to be having any effect.

<?php
    $content = ob_get_clean();
    echo parse_template(art_page_template(), art_page_variables(array(‘content’=> $content)));
    ?>
    <div id=”wp-footer”>
    <?php wp_footer(); ?>
    <!– <?php printf(__(‘%d queries. %s seconds.’, ‘kubrick’), get_num_queries(), timer_stop(0, 3)); ?> –>
    </div>
    </body>
    </html>

northwestmra

I’m having trouble with this too. Trying to use it to show a map of whatever event is happening now with

[event_map event_start_before='now' event_end_after='now' no_events='event_map shortcode: The food truck is not currently publicly available.' group_events_by='occurrences']

It works fine to show the map, but the no_events text doesn’t show up at all. If I use all the same attributes with the [eo_events] shortcode, it works as expected. This is also the main reason I paid for the Pro version.

Yoni

Hi Yoni,

no_events is one of the few attributes not supported by the events map shortcode. I think this is probably an oversight, so I’ll look into getting that fixed. It probably won’t make the 1.10 release, however, as this has reached the beta stage.

Stephen Harris

Ah. Thanks. I meant to ask about this last year but got distracted by other things. Look forward to seeing the update.

Yoni
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.