Add an 'organiser' filter similar to 'categories' and 'venues'

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums Request A Feature Add an 'organiser' filter similar to 'categories' and 'venues'

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Denise Wunder 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

I was glad to realize that you have discovered the potential of wordpress users as “organisers” not only as visitors or subscribers of an event.

Could you go a step further and implement an organiser’s drop down filter in All Events and in Calendar View in the backend? Similar to All Categories and All Venues could be All Organisers.

And could you finally implement such a dropdown filter in the attributes headerLeft, headerCenter, headerRight (e.g. ‘organiser’) for the eo_fullcalendar shortcut?

That would be absolutely valuable!

What do you say?

Greetings,

Martin

Denise Wunder

Hi Martin,

I’ll add the filter for the shortcode for the next release. A filter for the admin calendar may come in a future release.

Regards,
    Stephen

Stephen Harris

ABSOLUTELY GREAT!!!

Thank you so much!

Denise Wunder

Hi Stephen!

You said:

I’ll add the filter for the shortcode for the next release. A filter for the admin calendar may come in a future release.

I’ve waited so hard for today’s update, but I still miss the function you’ve promised.

In [eo_fullcalendar] I tried this attribute: headerLeft='organiser' without any success.

There’s also no hint in change log.

Did you forget it?

Greetings,

Martin

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  Denise Wunder.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  Denise Wunder.
    Denise Wunder

Hi Martin,

Sorry I meant non-patch release. If only the last digit in the version number changes then the release doesn’t contain any new features or changes in behavior beyond bug fixes.

I’m hoping to get a minor release out next week.

Stephen Harris

I’m hoping to get a minor release out next week.

😉

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by  Denise Wunder.
    Denise Wunder

My apologies for the delay. 3.5.0 was released today, and includes the ‘organiser’ value for the calendar shortcode’s headerLeft/headerRight/headerCenter attributes.

Stephen Harris

Stephen,

thanks for spreading the new update. But there’s still a problem.

The filter attributes (venue, category, organiser) in headerLeft / headerCenter / headerRight in [eo_fullcalendar] show no list content of drop down menu if more than one attribute is selected (ok: headerLeft=’venue’, not ok: headerLeft=’organiser,venue’).

Indeed the new single organiser filter displays drop down menu list content but with no filter effect.

I hope you understand.

Denise Wunder

Try:

headerLeft='organiser venue'

Nevertheless, a comma-separated list should also work, so I’ll be releasing a bug-fix update to address that.

Stephen Harris

Now, without comma it works fine!

Thank you so much!

Denise Wunder

I found out an additional bug. When I try to preselect organisers (e.g. organiser=’xyz’) EO ignores it. Maybe you have not implemented it yet.

Greetings,

Martin

PS: Did you get my email?

Denise Wunder

Event Organiser doesn’t provide a means of pre-selecting organiser, category, venue or tag in the calendar filters.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

I don’t understand because it is possible to preselect by venue, by category and by users_events as you write it yourself at your page. Maybe we talked past each other?

I ask for a preselection for organisers in [eo_fullcalendar] as an attribute. Example:

[eo_fullcalendar organiser="Wilma Flintstone"]

Greetings,

Martin

Denise Wunder

I thought you meant pre-select the option in the dropdown filter. There are options for venue / category / tag, but these just restrict the calendar to events in the specified term, and don’t effect the dropdown filter.

There’s a corresponding one for organiser too: author (specifying user ID) o author_name (user ‘nicename’ or slug).

Unfortunately it seems the plug-in is using ‘author’ in some places and ‘organiser’ in others.

Stephen Harris

Ok, let’s say ‘prefilter’ for what I meant.

You say:

There are options for venue / category / tag, but these just restrict the calendar to events in the specified term, and don’t effect the dropdown filter.

This is strange, because I’ve noticed that a preselection (e.g. venue=”Bedrock”) do have effect to the dropdown filter. So in the dropdown filter list for venue I only can see ‘Bedrock’ although there are many more venues in database. This behavior is the one I wish for ‘organizer’ too. Do you see a chance to realize it?

Denise Wunder
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.