Venue Dropdown Missing Venues

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brian O’Neill 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi Stephen,

The Venue dropdown on both the Add New Event and Edit Event pages is missing venues. It only shows the word null followed by my first 5 venues. There is no way to scroll or see more as far as I can tell (arrow-down just cycles between the 6 options).

The good news is that if I type in a missing/hidden venue it does bring it up.

Brian

Brian O’Neill

Hi Brian,

Thanks for reporting this, the ‘null’ should be ‘No Venue’ – and this will be fixed in 3.0.1 (to be released tonight).

The venue dropdown now only displays at most 5 venues. This was to help improve response times, particularly when they are large number of venues and to avoid a long list of venues. I may consider increasing that a bit (perhaps only for when the arrow is clicked), but what you describe is intended behaviour.

Stephen Harris

Thanks for the update. I’m happy to hear you are trying to improve response time because as I noted in another post I think there is a lot of room for improvement when it comes to venues and maps.

Based on your response, it sounds like we should type in the venue name if it is not in the first five results. I will try this approach to see how much benefit it has but I have over 200 venues and it was helpful to see the entire list so I would know whether I had created it already or not.

Brian O’Neill

Hi Brian,

3.0.2 partially reverted this behaviour. The arrow now shows all venues, and searching now limits suggestions to 10 rather than 5.

Stephen Harris

Thanks Stephen. I’m checking it out. So far, so good!

Brian O’Neill
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.