Turn off map?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Because the venue address is not filling in, the map for each event is wrong. Is it possible to turn off the map function so the map isn’t displayed?

Pamela Browne

Hi Pamela,

How do you mean the “address is not filling in”? Are you experiencing problems with the venue admin page, or is the address a detail you’re not providing?

In any case, to remove the venue simple copy (to your theme) and edit the file templates/event-meta-event-single.php and remove the code highlighted here.

Stephen Harris

Hi Pamela,

How do you mean the “address is not filling in”? Are you experiencing problems with the venue admin page, or is the address a detail you’re not providing?

In any case, to remove the venue simple copy (to your theme) and edit the file templates/event-meta-event-single.php and remove the code highlighted here.

Stephen Harris

Sorry I missed your response! This problem is using the iCal extension that pulls info from a Google calendar. Here’s an example of an event that has no address and a map is being displayed: http://pccsc.net/events/event/carolina-cyclers-meeting/

For the editing template instructions, that would remove the venue from displaying on all events? I was hoping for an option that would disable it from the feed generated events. Thanks!

Pamela Browne

If you wanted to check if the address details were empty, you could wrap it inside a conditional:

$venue_id = eo_get_venue();
    $address_details = eo_get_venue_address( $venue_id );
    $address = array_filter( array_values ( $address_details ) );

if( $address ){
         //Display map...
    }
    Stephen Harris
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.