Sorting events on Calendar

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

It would be great to be able to sort events on the calendar by Event Name as a secondary sort to time. Currently, it appears the events are randomly displayed if there are more than one starting at the same time. It would be great to be able to list them by name, which is especially helpful for multiple events that occur daily throughout the week so each day appears the same visually. Thanks!

Brian O’Neill

Just wanted to follow-up on this since you will be working on the calendar functionality.

If a secondary sort of name is not feasible, perhaps just ID would work (anything to help make the days look the same). Thanks.

Brian O’Neill

Mmm… I am seeing (all-day) events on the same date ordered by title, and events at the same date/time ordered by title too. (I tested this creating events a-1, c-2, b-3 in that order, to rule out ID/publication date, and got:: a-1,b-3,c-2)

Do you have a link to the calendar, and is there any possible explanation of the order you’re seeing? (E.g. publication date, modified date, ID etc?)

Stephen Harris

This problem seems to have disappeared. My best guess is that there was a conflict or a setting with a plugin like Category Order and Taxonomy Terms Order that has since been resolved. Sorry for the hassle!

Brian O’Neill

If a “post type order” plug-in were activated and configured to order events then that would explain it. Regardless of the order the calendar itself would position the events in the correct date, but the order they are added is as they come. So an unusual ordering of events would manifest itself as an unusual ordering within dates on the calendar.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.