Multi Site won't update.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Leo Busker 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    My problem is not the plugins fault. My problem is I must have installed a plugin that made my site a multi site with network admin. The Event Organiser ICAL Sync won’t update because of this. I get the error message:

“There is a new version of Event Organiser ICAL Sync available. View version 2.0.1 details. Automatic update is unavailable for this plugin.
    The license key you have entered is invalid. Purchase a license key or enter a valid license key here.”

Any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated!

Leo Busker

HI Leo,

The plug-in should still work on a multi-site. If you go to your Network settings you should see a field to enter your license key (if you have not done so already).

If once entered and saved the key, if the key is still invalid click the help icon (?) next to it, and let me know what the error code / message is in the tooltip that should appear.

Stephen Harris

I don’t get an error code, it say’s I have an invalid key:

“Invalid license key (invalid-license-format)
    The entered key is incorrect.

Without a valid license key you will not be eligable for updates or support. You can purchase a license key here.

If you have entered a valid license which does not seem to work, please contact suppport.”

Leo Busker

Hi Leo,

“invalid-license-format” is the error code :).

That says to me a key was provided but that the format was wrong. The key should consist of only the letters A-Z (upper or lower case) and the digits 2 through to 7. Dashes are removed, but any other character will mean give that error.

Also your license key will be 16 characters long.

Stephen Harris

I copy and pasted the key right from the email that was sent when I purchased the extension.

Leo Busker

Does it end in B7P?

Stephen Harris

Leo,

Just to let you know I’ve checked the key’s logs again, and since about 10 minutes ago the key is now in use on skylyneradio.com but it had been registered to http://www.skylyneradio.com.

So you may get a ‘site limit reached’ error, but I’ve cleared the key now so it should now be valid.

Stephen Harris

OK, I disabled the extension in my site’s plugins and then enabled network and then the license took. Got it so it will update now.

Thanks for your help!!

Leo Busker
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.