Location by coordinates

This topic contains 11 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi
    I would like to add locations by longitude/Latitude rather than the address, we don’t have google compliment addresses yet, so we get different places for locations entered
    thanx

Hani

Hi Hani,

I’ll look into this. Currently you can drag the marker to the location – but obviously that’s only practical if you can get it address close enough to the desired location…

Stephen Harris

Hi Steven, I cannot drag the marker, and many of my events do not have an address – e.g in a field.

It is very frustrating to loose all the accuracy I would get by pasting Google style coordinates into a single “lat, long” field and be forced to enter 5 fields which put a non dragable “postcode resolution” marker many miles away.

Would it be possible to have a single “lat, long” field for the venue location field?

Thanks, David

David Nathan

Sorry – Stephen!

David Nathan

Hi David,

Sorry, I thought I had replied to your message. When you say you cannot drag the marker – do you mean you can’t drag the marker, or to do so is impratical? You should be able to drag the marker on the venue edit page (not the event page), so if it’s the former that sounds like it might be a bug.

If the latter then I’ll have to take another look at allowing lat/lng co-ordinates to be entered.

Stephen Harris

Hello Stephen, Thanks for clarifying the dragging marker issue. It is working now. Looking forward to entering lat/long for Venue locations. David

David Nathan

Hi Stephen, I just wanted to thank you very much for adding the Lat/Long field for the event location – it works a treat, and saves me an enormous amount of time! David

David Nathan

Hi Stephen,

I stumbled upon this old thread as I am looking for the same functionality. I am using the FES form and am not able to drag the marker or enter latlong coordinates when creating a new venue. Is there a way to add the full functionality of the Create venue map to the FES create venue option?
    Thank you very much!
    Florian

accwebmaster

Hi again Stephen,

please let me know if there is a way to have the same functionality in FES in regards to the latlong coordinates and the draggable maker.

Thank you,
    Florian

accwebmaster

Hi Florian,

Apologies for not having responded to your previous post. It’s not possible to drag the marker when creating events in FES.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Stephen Harris.
    Stephen Harris

Thank you for your reply,
    are you planning on adding this feature to FES in the future?
    For now the lat long input field would be sufficient for me, if there was a way to add that it would be great. Thank you!

accwebmaster

This feature was added to v1.6.0 of FES

Stephen Harris
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.