Ical not syncing

This topic contains 12 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

I’m trying to sync my ical calendar through the plugin. I am giving this adress:
    webcal://p04-calendarws.icloud.com/ca/subscribe/1/wsyCX3DozxntR85DEn-VBKI9UuutW9ZD_A7-ju0HI7aPCa5KKWgYAHaiw6T3UIQuyBDcpZr-UQkEfCLGh1lFaEoj9rmIvy9Fbob81KUUO1U

But it’s returning en error and nothing is happening, any help here ?

Emilie Tappolet

Getting the same here – putting in the same style of address as given by iCal for a ‘public calendar’ but it returns when I try to fetch from the source it returns with ‘source not found’ – what type of source address does it want instead?

Rich Tervet

Hi Rich,

Sorry to hear that it’s not accepting the source url. Is ‘source not found’ the exact error message, or is it ‘feed not found’? Can you confirm you’re running (1.3 – you should be as it was released shortly before your purchased the extension), also what version of Event Organiser are you running. Could you provide the source url you are using? (If you don’t wish to post this publicly, you can use this form: http://wp-event-organiser.com/contact).

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen, thanks for replying!

Initially it accepts the feed and adds it to the list on the right (see image)enter image description here but then when I click ‘fetch now’ it returns with ‘No source detected’

I’m running 1.3.0 of Event Organiser ICAL Sync and 2.6.0 of Event Organiser.

The feed I’m attempting to use is “webcal://p04-calendarws.icloud.com/ca/subscribe/1/FROZIPXA_S-B-wViTk5WxG0wn_SGaJc2NfDEVPi-6z9oroF9RydOLMwRCPOz55_PZRgwNTKrU9Q5tIAjBlpLOsZJ1Tg7DCf0XaU3fIwWPJ8” though this is just a test feed with one event until I get the actual feed from the office admin!

Rich Tervet

Hi Rich,

Try using http:// rather than webcal://.

(But in any case, perhaps webcal:// should be an allowed protocol).

Stephen Harris

It works! Thanks so much, hopefully that should all translate over to the new feed in whatever fantastic format it gets inputted as!

Rich Tervet
    Stephen Harris

Just got the actual feed through – now having a error that reads “[Line 529] Incomplete scheduling information” – line 529 is “RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;UNTIL=20131221T235959Z” – any suggestions? Thanks a lot – some of the best customer service I’ve ever had!

Rich Tervet

I am having similar issue. Using feed:

http://api.serviceu.com/rest/events/occurrences/search?orgKey=59a0aa1b-8da1-4aec-9aea-5aaa19038180&departmentIds=63081&format=ical

It is a valid ics/ical feed…shows no errors, the return stream contains events, but no events will show on the calendar

Chris Monaghan

Well..now it works…I didn’t change a thing. Ha!

Chris Monaghan

@chris – glad’s that sorted. If you have any other issues feel free to open another topic 🙂

Sorry Rich, I hadn’t noticed your reply. Regarding ‘incomplete schedule information’ – the RRULE does not indicate how the event should repeat every month. For example is it every month on the nth (e.g. 6th) or is it every month on the [ordinal] [day of week] (e.g. every month on the first Thursday). So it should be something like the following

RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;UNTIL=20131221T235959Z;BYMONTHDAY=7;
    RRULE:FREQ=MONTHLY;UNTIL=20131221T235959Z;BYDAY=1TH;
    Stephen Harris

I’m getting an error on mine that says:

[Line 1524] Invalid date “20141031T000000”. Date expected in YYYYMMDD format.

My source calendar I have given is:
    http://p04-calendarws.icloud.com/ca/subscribe/1/_jT9gB3n-EUjh1ARG1zkVCwQokHlUxwgdSbd-4xVR0KeYRkVC9c-3fVGUCjI3KCkHbhyclFTw7c8qUEoXMEadydq4YpbAsemse3pFnktcOY

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by  Bryan DiCerb.
    Bryan DiCerb

Hi Bryan,

The iCal feed is incorrect: it’s specifying that it is providing a date but is providing a datetime.

Unfortunately there is nothing (in general) the plug-in can do in this situation since it’s not possible to determine which part of the feed is incorrect.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.