Fetching iCal – Unknown Error

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

I just added an iCal feed and when it tries to fetch it, I get “Unknown Error”.

Thanks.

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

This usually happens when the site is unable to reach the iCal feed. Can you provide the url of the feed?

Stephen Harris

I have the same problem. The fetching of the calendar always worked, but now I receive “Unknown Error”. Any ideas how to fix it?
    Thank you!

Eva Mueller

Thanks for the e-mail Eva, I’ll be in touch.

Stephen Harris
    Jordan

Hi Jordan,

Thanks for posting that. The iCal feed you linked to was quite slow in generating, so I think the issue was probably a timeout one. Subsequent updates have increased the timeout limit to circumvent this problem, which version are you currently running, and are you still getting the ‘unknown error’ message?

Stephen Harris

I just updated to 2.12.3 and tried fetching the iCal twice. I still received the “Unknown Error”.

Jordan

Hi Jordan,

I’ve just sent you an e-mail regarding this issue.

Stephen Harris

I have been getting the same error message and “[Line 9] Invalid datetime “20150926”. Date expected in YYYYMMDDTHHiissZ or YYYYMMDDTHHiiss format.”

Here is the feed: webcal://stanza.co/api/schedules/umn/m-footbl/m-footbl.ics?language=english

Leo Busker

Hi Leo,

That error is different from Jordan’s, but has also been discussed elsewhere on the forums. The iCal source is incorrectly formatted.

The plug-in is currently quite strict in that feeds which deviate from the iCal specification may cause errors. In a future update it will probably be made more forgiving, in the mean time you can install this extension which acts as a work-around for incorrectly formatted feeds: https://gist.github.com/stephenharris/1a2c7f024f15b278e121

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen,

How do I install this work around? The download is a .tar

Sorry for my lack of knowledge in this matter.

Leo

Leo Busker

Hmm, that’s annoying. I’ve uploaded here for now.

Stephen Harris

Stephen, can i send you my feed url so you can see if there is something obvious? I am getting unknown error

Please send me email so I do not have to post feed.

Chuck Menzel

Hi Chuck, I’ve just sent you an e-mail.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.