FES translation

This topic contains 18 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Hello
    I just bought FES and it looks great but there is som words I cant translate.
    “Event start” “Event end” and “All day”.
    I just added some words in Translating EO but cant find the parallel to FES. Is there one for FES or can I do it in some other way?
    /Anna

Handelsplats Norsjö

Hi Anna,

I’m afraid there isn’t a parallel service for translating FES. However, I shall set it up this week.

However, a .pot file is included in the plug-in and so you could use that to create a .po/.mo file. You may find the form customiser is still not translated, this requires a .json translation which shall be included in the next update (based on submitted translations).

Stephen Harris

I’ll post a link here, but there are plans to create a ‘translation’ section on the documentation site.

Stephen Harris

Hej and thank´s. To set it up this week sounds great!
    I just made a .mo and .po file but as you say it doesn´t work for me. How do I know when you set up the service? Do you write it here or od I read it anywhere else?
    /Anna

Handelsplats Norsjö

I’ll post a link here once its up.

Stephen Harris

Sign up url is here: http://wp-event-organiser.com/i18n/translate/event-organiser-fes/?key=cc0b9dac1601b5bc2c3ab8fdf45bf1af

Any translations submitted will be included in the next update.

Stephen Harris

Hello. I don´t know if I´m missing something.
    Nothing happens when I put the mo and po-files in the language folder. Is there anything more I need to do?
    /Anna

Handelsplats Norsjö

Hi Anna,

Assuming that you’ve set the site’s WP_LANG correctly (or if you installed from “WordPress in your language”), then the correctly named .po/.mo files (eventorganiserfes.mo in this case) should be sufficient for most of the translations…

… the exception is the form customiser, which, as its mostly JavaScript based requires a .json translation file.

I’ve just committed your translation (thanks!) to the develop branch, which means the next update will have your translations in it. You can expect this update during next week.

Stephen Harris

Hello
    I miss the string/translation for “Select a venue” and “Create a new venue”. Is it possible to translate those words?
    /Anna

Handelsplats Norsjö

Hi Anna,

Those were incorrectly used as fixed strings, rather than translatable ones. There are now available on the translation site linked to above, and any translations provided will be included in the next release (probably 1.2.0 due shortly.)

Stephen Harris

Hello. Thank´s!
    I have one word left to translate, and that´s “Missing payload”. I don´t know what “payload” is (neither do google-translate). Can you explain?
    Anna

Handelsplats Norsjö

Oh no! Sorry! Inside the “create a new venue” there is some more words :
    Venue Name:
    Address:
    City:
    State:
    Postcode:

/Anna

Handelsplats Norsjö

Hi Anna,

The above should be available for translation. Is that not the case?

“Payload” is a technical term (see Wikipedia) referring, in that context, from data sent from the user to the site when creating / updating / deleting a form. It is very unlikely that that error message would appear, but helps diagnose a problem. You can probably leave that untranslated.

Stephen Harris

Hello. Yes, I see now that the words are there and that they are translated.
    But now, all my translation is NOT working.
    I downloaded my new .mo and .po files from your site. And put them in my language map.
    And now everything is wrong….

What is wrong? Is it the wrong way of updating the files?

Anna

Handelsplats Norsjö

I believe there are some issues with the site’s .mo generator. You can use the .po file and this free service to convert .po files into .mo files.

Just be sure that both files have the name eventorganiserfes-{lang}.po/ eventorganiserfes-{lang}.mo when you put them in your language directory. (With {lang} replaced by the locale code).

(The downloaded files should be of the correct name structure)

Stephen Harris
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.