"Feed Not Found"

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’m getting a message on import/export settings page that says, “Feed not found.” (The feed certainly exists.)

Screenshot is below.
    Please advise?

screenshot

Josh Mason-Barkin

Hi Josh,

Are you using WordPress 4.6? There is a known bug with 4.6.0 and 4.6.1 which may cause this issue: https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/37839 and which should be fixed in the 4.6.2 release.

Stephen Harris

This is a very very big problem, because I’m stuck with a non-working calendaring system between now and whenever 4.6.2 is released. (I’m desperate enough that I tried the beta release of 4.6.2. Didn’t work. Not sure this fix has been added to the beta, however.)

1. Are you sure this is the problem?
    2. Are there any workarounds to get it to work before it’s fixed?
    3. Any other suggestions?
    Josh Mason-Barkin

Hi Josh,

I’m fairly confident that’s the problem. I was able to fetch the feed in the browser, and it looked well formatted. The error you describe would only happen if it was not able to read the file at all or it was not formatted correctly. It’s also a known issue with 4.6.0 and 4.6.1.

The ticket says they’ll include in 4.6.2, but the bug is actually in a third-party library that was used from 4.6.0, and doesn’t appear they’ve updated that in the nightly version yet.

There are a couple of workarounds:

1. Revert to 4.5.4
    2. Manually fix the files

(2) is actually very easy. It requires editing two lines and changing the regular expression match from:

'/^([0-9a-f]+)[^\r\n]*\r\n/i'

to

'/^([0-9a-f]+)(?:;(?:[\w-]*)(?:=(?:(?:[\w-]*)*|"(?:[^\r\n])*"))?)*\r\n/i'

The lines to edit are in wp-includes/class-requests.php (752 and 760): https://github.com/WordPress/WordPress/blob/3c814b5468697712444d103150baa37ab6f474c7/wp-includes/class-requests.php#L752-L760

There is a link to the pull request in the third-party library in the above trac ticket. In that someone points out that no decoding is necessary when using curl so you could just return $data; early in the decode_chunked() method.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.