Event Organiser Poster Board and WordPress 4.5

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Event Organiser Poster Board and WordPress 4.5

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello Stephen,

Do you know if the poster board extension works with WordPress 4.5?

I tried it in a Sandbox upgraded to 4.5.1 and it did not load the events, it showed “loading” then “load More” but none of the events appeared.

The only difference from this site and our main site was the new site was updated to WordPress 4.5.1

http://sandbox7.greengiants.org.uk/on-the-water/dinghies/open-meetings/

CYCOffice

Hi Louise,

There are no issues as far as I’m aware (and it’s been tested against 4.5). Looking at the sandbox, I noticed there were no JavaScript errors and the ajax response and requests were as expected. So the problem lies only in adding the events to the DOM.

Digging a little dipper I noticed this:

var eventorganiser_posterboard = {
     "url":"http:\/\/sandbox7.greengiants.org.uk\/wp-admin\/admin-ajax.php",
     "loading":"Loading...",
     "load_more":"Load more",
     "template":"",
     "query":{"posts_per_page":10,"event_start_after":"now","event_category":"Open Meeting"}
    };

The above are just the ‘settings’ for the shortcode. Notice the template option is empty. I believe that’s the cause.

The template is defined here by using the contents of single-event-board-item.html (eithe rin your theme or the plug-in, if it doesn’t exist in the theme).

Is there any reason why that file might be empty, or that it is not loading? Do you have ASP tags enabled?

Stephen Harris

Hello Stephen,

I dont understand how the template file could not be found. I looked using FTP and it is in the template folder of the posterboard plugin.

The issue arose when i used the migrate facility from blogvault to test whether I could setup a sandbox version to continue developing without disturbing the main site. I migrated from a Windows server to a linux server. Do you think that changing the server style could trigger this issue?

Thanks for your help.

CYCOffice

Hello Stephen,

I deactivated the posterboard plugin, deleted it and re-added it. All is now working fine.

Thanks for your help.

CYCOffice

That’s very odd , but glad or is working again for you.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.