Event Organiser & a Responsive Theme

WordPress Event Management, Calendars & Registration Forums General Question Event Organiser & a Responsive Theme

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Have integrated Event Organiser Pro into a commercial website http://www.rockoffretail.com and everything was going very well, until I noticed that the Safari view wasn’t working.

Screen Shot on Safari

I suspected an incompatibility between the website’s Alora Theme (http://theme4press.com/alora-multipurpose-wordpress-theme/) and the event organiser at Safari level.

So I tried turning off the web site’s Alora Theme and it then worked in Safari.

I “Disabled CSS” in the EO settings, this kind of worked but then I lost the functionality in terms of “Next” etc.

So, any ideas how to resolve things so I can use my Alora responsive theme with Event Organiser please?

Alternatively, do you know of any responsive themes that would work with Event Calendar?
    Kind regards
    Lynn Ferguson

Lynn Ferguson
    Lynn Ferguson

Hi Lynn,

I’ve not been able to verify if this is the case yet (I’ll be in touch to get a copy of the theme so I can perform some more extensive testing), but transitions applied to the links within the calendar have been responsible for problems in the past (typically Chrome – but it may be a webkit issue, when Chrome was still using webkit). For example, in your theme’s style.css ~line 100, you have

a, a img{
        text-decoration:none;
        color:#333;
       -webkit-transition: all 0.2s ease-in-out;
       -moz-transition: all 0.2s ease-in-out;
       -o-transition: all 0.2s ease-in-out;
       -ms-transition: all 0.2s ease-in-out;
       transition: all 0.2s ease-in-out; 
    }

I’d recommend first removing the transition lines to see if that is indeed the problem. (You may need to ensure the stylesheet isn’t cached in you browser). Alternatively, if you use the shortcode:

[eo_fullcalendar theme=false]

This will display the a very basic calendar. You could then apply your only styling as required.

Stephen Harris

Sorry hon, I didn’t get the “Notify me” email of your reply – good job I checked back!

I’ve read through your suggestions, I’m not that “technically adept”. Could you contact me (I’ll email you just to ensure you have my details) and maybe you could discuss doing some additional paid work for us please?
    I’m emailing you as I type this.
    Kind regards
    Lynn

Lynn Ferguson

E-mail received, and I’m just about to reply.

Stephen Harris
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.