Download failed. Forbidden

This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stephen Harris 9 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi. I am unable to update my EO-Pro plugin as I keep getting the following message:

Downloading update from https://event-organiser-pro.s3.amazonaws.com/event-organiser-pro.zip?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJCSQT6J6J2QE3FHA&Signature=J2dhTNLK0u3sbHAMhNJR5%2FKPsCg%3D&Expires=1413877809&license=%5BREMOVED_MY_LICENCE%5D

Download failed. Forbidden

Cheers
    Stu

Stuart Farish

Hi Stuart,

Can you check if your license key is deemed valid? According to the license records there are no problems, so it should be. If it isn’t this may be due to it being unable to communicate with the server.

Assuming it is valid then this may be a case of the cache holding on to the download link too long (i.e. after its expired). This happens very rarely. If it does happen you should find refreshing the ‘updates’ page and trying again should resolve the issue. If it persists consistently then let me know and I’ll look into.

Did you update from the “Updates” or “Plug-ins” page? (Either should be fine).

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen
    As far as I can tell the licence is showing as valid. It has a green background (which I assume means valid).

I’ve tried from both pages you mentioned and refreshed each page just to make sure. Still no luck.

We have a clone of our live site at http://www.myeloma-dev.org.uk and this has updated without a problem!

Any further thoughts??

Cheers
    Stu

Stuart Farish

Hi Stuart,

I’ve looked into this, but currently it’s not clear to me what could be causing the problem. What is clear is that you’re obtaining a download link, which means as far as the wp-event-organiser.com’s servers are concerned the key you have is valid. The only reason why the Amazon servers would respond with ‘forbidden’ is if the link had expired. I cannot yet see why your live site would continually use an expired link, but the development one not.

Are there any notable differences between the two set ups?

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen
    There’s no notable difference between the two. I just created the dev copy last week so it’s bang up to date.
    Stu

Stuart Farish

Hi Stephen
    Is there any other information I can give you to help resolve this problem? I can do a manual update if necessary.

Cheers
    Stu

Stuart Farish

Hi Stu,

At this point it’s not clear at all what is causing this problems. Next week I can, if you’d like me to, take a look at the admin-side of your site to try and determine exactly what is going wrong. In the mean time, I’d recommend manually updating.

Stephen Harris

Hi Stephen
    That’s great. Can you send me a link to download the latest Pro version please.
    Stu

Stuart Farish

Sorry Stuart, if you log into wp-event-organiser.com/my-account you can view and download your purchases via the purchase history (it’ll give you the latest version).

Stephen Harris

I’m getting the same issue – was there a solution to this?

Dan

Dan Skinner

Hi Dan,

If your license key is ‘valid’, then it typically resolves itself. You also download the plug-in manually by logging into: wp-event-organiser.com/my-account

Stephen Harris
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.