all-day event duplicate

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  procura 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello there,

I use the plugin to import 2 calendar feeds. The first feed is very small with around 50 events. The other one is a lot bigger with around 400 events. The amount varies because these are calendar feeds from office 365. To limit the amount of events i configured outlook to publish just the events for the next 3 months. Both feeds are imported to separate categories. The import of the small calendar works perfectly. The amount of imported events matches the number of events in the assigned category.
    But the assigned category of the big feed has around 3.500 events. This is still increasing with every import. For me it seems like all all-day events are imported again with every feed update (as you can see on this screenshot:Screenshot from the calendar view in the WordPress admin interface). As you can see it only happens with the all-day events. When importing the feeds it get this error message multiple times: Unknown timezone “W. Europe Standard Time” interpreted as “Europe/Berlin”.

Is it possible to disable the whole all-day events import? i’m already hiding these events in the calendar view. In office365 i can’t disable the export.

I’ve already checked this thread but my problem seems to be different: http://wp-event-organiser.com/forums/topic/duplicate-events-from-ical-feed/

procura

Hi,

Can you post a link to the feed? Each event should have a unique ID (UID) associated to it. This is used to identify the event, and means it won’t be imported more than once, but instead subsequent feed syncs update existing events. Without this, each sync will add the event again. It’s odd that it is only happening to all-day events though.

Regarding the warning: “Unknown timezone “W. Europe Standard Time” interpreted as “Europe/Berlin”.” – this is because “W. Europe Standard Time” is not a recognised PHP timezone. In instances like this, the plug-in takes a ‘best guess’ – but issues a warning in case this incorrect. You can tell the plug-in its correct by doing the following:

add_filter( 'eventorganiser_ical_timezone', 'register_my_timezone', 10, 2 );
    function register_my_timezone( $timezone, $timezone_id ){

if( "W. Europe Standard Time" == $timezone_id ){
                 $timezone = new DateTimeZone( 'Europe/Lisbon' ); //To interpret as Lisbon  timezone, for example
          }

return $timezone;
    }

This can go in a utility plug-in (or your theme’s functions.php).

At this point the warning will still remain, this may change in the future. The warning is just informative, the plug-in is still syncing with the feed.

Stephen Harris

Hi,

here the link to the feed: klick At the moment I’ll refrain from changing the functions.php. First I want to fix this problem.

procura

Hi,

The feed in question contains dupliacate entries (with different UIDs). take for instance events at line 63 and 84, I have omitted irrelevant lines, but they read:

BEGIN:VEVENT
    RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;UNTIL=20141208T230000Z;INTERVAL=1;BYMONTHDAY=9;BYMONTH=12
    UID:040000008200E00074C5B7101A82E0080000000020115463A1E6CE01000000000000000010000000A69C322AD2BB3D409AFC500952777E6D
    SUMMARY:Free
    DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20141209
    DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20141210
    DTSTAMP:20141211T122022Z
    SEQUENCE:0
    END:VEVENT

and

BEGIN:VEVENT
    RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;UNTIL=20141208T230000Z;INTERVAL=1;BYMONTHDAY=9;BYMONTH=12
    UID:c45f5786-8190-44ce-a296-a4b79a09210c
    SUMMARY:Free
    DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20141209
    DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20141210
    DTSTAMP:20141211T122022Z
    SEQUENCE:0
    END:VEVENT

• as you can see they are identical except for the UID – so what you are seeing is an accurate reflection of the feed itself. I’ve confirmed this by importing the feed into the Mozilla Thunderbird calendar client.
    Stephen Harris

Hi,
    they seem like they are the same event but I set office365 to export just the availability (free, busy tentative). But even if they are the same event they should be imported just once. At the moment the app says my feed has 394 events.Import Feed
    But the category for this feed says I have 4345 events.category

My other feed is also exported by office365 with the same settings and is working completely fine.

procura
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
To enable me to focus on Pro customers, only users who have a valid license for the Pro add-on may post new topics or replies in this forum. If you have a valid license, please log-in or register an account using the e-mail address you purchased the license with. If you don't you can purchase one here. Or there's always the WordPress repository forum.